Technical Lead Developer
Cohaesus is a unique digital consultancy, with a clear mission to help our clients build digital services and products.
Cohaesus is a very different kind of environment. We have flexible working including hours and location. We embrace autonomy and invest in training. We provide a 1:1 mentoring programme to ensure the team are on track to reach their career goals. In return, we ask that our people embrace our values, and we are proud of the respect that everyone has for each other. We only hire the brightest, driven people and self-motivation is non-negotiable.
We have an opening for a passionate Lead Developer to join our team. Working across multiple projects and with multiple clients, you will lead our technical teams, freelancers and partners to deliver outstanding technical outcomes. You will need to apply a combination of leadership, management and presentation skills all underpinned by a broad range of technology knowledge and experience.
You will split your time between our inspiring Edinburgh office, our state of the art London office and occasionally working on site in some of the world's best companies.
The Hiring Process
It's very important that we are a right fit for each other. To this end we have a multi part interview process that includes both telephone and face to face conversations.
As much as this process is for us to get to know you, it's for you to get to know us too, so there will be plenty of time at each stage for you to ask any questions you may have.
A little bit more about us
We succeed by developing our people; and we put an enormous amount of time and energy into doing just that. We believe nothing should get in the way of you doing your best possible work, and we've structured Cohaesus around this principle. We keep our meetings lightweight. Our development processes are dead simple but bang up-to-date.
We are unable to sponsor work permits or visas for this role. Applicants must therefore have the continued right to live and work in the United Kingdom to apply for this role.
STRICTLY NO RECRUITERS
- Considerable experience in software development, having recent experience as a development lead/senior developer or equivalent across modern technology stacks;
- Deep experience about all aspect of the software development lifecycle.
- Enjoy working in client-facing, consultative situations;
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into simple language;
- Keen on presenting new technologies and trends and their potential application to our teams.
- Developed EQ, you are able influence your reports and your managers to get the best results;
- Able and confident in the tehcnial leadership of a team of developers, freelancers and partners including remote teams;
- Love coaching and mentoring your team and get satisfaction from seeing them grow.
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Flexible Working (location and hours).
- Bonus scheme.
- An inspiring office in a great Edinburgh location.
- A structured career development programme, with regular 1:1 meetings.
- A Herman Miller chair!